Namwianga Zonal Health Center
Namwianga Zonal Health Center provides a wide range of services to the community in an effort to fulfill the words of Luke 9:2 - “And He sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.” Those who visit the NZHC receive high quality health care and attention to their spiritual needs.
what we do
- Out-patient care
- Midwife services for labor and delivery
- Mother’s shelter – Few women in rural areas can travel to a hospital or birthing center after their labor has begun. The usual process for these expectant mothers is to spend the last month of their pregnancy in a Mother’s Shelter that is near a birthing center. They will then be able to give birth in a proper environment with qualified medical personnel attending.
- HIV/AIDS - Namwianga Zonal Health Center is a certified ART (Antiretroviral Treatment) provider. Over 900 HIV/AIDS patients are enrolled in the ART program at NZHC. They come to Namwianga every 2-3 months to be tested and receive their medications. Counseling and nutrition support are also available.
- Lab and Radiology
- Treated Mosquito Net Program - Namwianga works diligently to prevent and treat malaria. Treated mosquito nets are distributed, and antimalarial drugs are dispensed from the Namwianga Zonal Health Center. In 2015 the government of Zambia recognized NZHC as the top Center in the country for malaria programs.
- Surgery Center - A state of the art surgery center has recently been completed. Medical personnel and government officials touring the surgery center have stated that there is nothing else comparable in Southern Province and likely in the entire nation of Zambia. The final step in opening the surgery center is the installation of a solar power system so that surgeries can continue even when electrical power is disrupted.
- Cataract Surgery - Cataract surgery has been performed at Namwianga for several years and continues to bring sight to countless Zambians.
- Cervical Cancer Screening – Namwianga Zonal Health Center was recently certified as a Cervical Cancer Screening Center. Since cervical cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in Zambian women, this new effort promises to benefit many.
- Physical Therapy – Two physical therapists serve on the NZHC staff. A new physical therapy building has just been constructed and should promote additional effective services in this area.
- Village Under 5 Clinics
- Village Health Workers
- Daily devotionals as well as spiritual counseling
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Funds are needed to complete the construction of additional buildings on the hospital campus. Donations for medications are always appreciated. Please click below if you would like to help address the medical needs at Namwianga.